Welcome to Brian Gurinsky, DDS, MS, your trusted destination for comprehensive dental care in Denver, CO, and surrounding areas including Wheat Ridge, Lakewood, Commerce City, Englewood, Arvada, Sherrelwood, Welby, Westminster, Federal Heights, Aurora, Greenwood Village, Littleton, Thornton, Applewood, and Northglenn. Dr. Gurinsky, a seasoned dental expert, is dedicated to enhancing your oral health and smile aesthetics. Among the many services we offer, osseous surgery stands as a key solution for patients dealing with periodontal issues. In this service page, we will delve into the world of osseous surgery, explaining its benefits and how it can be a vital step towards achieving and maintaining optimal gum health.
What is osseous surgery, and why might you need it?
Osseous surgery, also known as dental osseous surgery or periodontal osseous surgery, is a specialized dental procedure designed to address various periodontal problems. It primarily targets the bone and tissues supporting your teeth. When periodontal disease progresses to an advanced stage, it can cause damage to these supporms to rectify these issues, preserving the health of your gums and teeth.ting structures, leading to pocket formation and bone loss around the teeth.
What are the key benefits of osseous surgery?
Osseous surgery offers several significant benefits to patients:
- Halting Progression: By eliminating bacteria and infected tissues, osseous surgery halts the progression of periodontal disease, preventing further damage to your gums and bone.
- Improved Gum Health: The procedure helps to reduce pocket depths, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene and ensuring healthier gums.
- Preservation of Teeth: Osseous surgery can often save teeth that might otherwise have been lost due to severe periodontal disease.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Restoring gum health can also lead to improved smile aesthetics, as healthy gums provide a more attractive frame for your teeth.
- Preventing Tooth Mobility: By stabilizing the bone and supporting structures, osseous surgery can prevent teeth from becoming loose or mobile.
How does osseous surgery work?
During osseous surgery, Dr. Gurinsky will carefully access the affected areas, remove diseased tissues, and thoroughly clean the root surfaces of your teeth. He will then reshape the bone as needed to eliminate pockets and create a more conducive environment for gum reattachment. This precise surgical approach is performed under local anesthesia to ensure your comfort throughout the procedure.
Is osseous surgery a common treatment?
Yes, osseous surgery is a well-established and frequently performed treatment for advanced periodontal disease. Dr. Gurinsky will assess your specific condition and recommend osseous surgery if it is deemed the most appropriate solution for your oral health needs.
Discover Osseous Surgery at Brian Gurinsky, DDS, MS
If you're seeking osseous surgery in Denver, CO, or any of the surrounding areas mentioned above, our experienced team led by Dr. Gurinsky is here to help. We understand the importance of healthy