Treating Gum Recession (Receding Gums) in Denver
What Is Gum Recession / Receding Gums?
Gum recession is due to the progressive loss of gum tissue. This loss of gum tissue can lead to tooth loss if left untreated. If you suffer from any of the following symptoms, please contact our office to schedule an appointment.
- Inflammation of the gum line
- Longer-looking teeth
- Sensitive teeth
- Visible tooth roots
Gum Recession Causes
Gum recession can be by a myriad of reasons including medications, poor oral hygiene, and tobacco use. Common characteristics of gum disease include bad breath and bleeding gums. Pockets will begin to form along your gums due to bacterial infections. It’s important to note that receding gums are just one complication of early gum disease and if left untreated can become worse.
What is Periodontal Scaling?
How do I treat Gum Recession?
Who is a candidate for Periodontal Maintenance?
How can I prevent gum disease?
How do I know if I have periodontal disease?
How is gum disease treated?
How long does it take for gums to heal after deep cleaning?
How often do I need to get Periodontal Cleanings?
Is periodontal disease permanent?
What are some problems associated with Gum disease?
Does dental insurance cover periodontal disease?
To determine the best treatment plan Dr. Gurinsky looks at the underlying cause of the issue along with the patient’s history. By taking a personalized approach each patient will be given offered the treatments that will be the most effective for their situation. Below are the different treatment options available.
- Chao Pinhole Technique™ – no incisions, sutures, or grafts are needed for this approach. We simply make a small hole in your gum tissue and gently loosen and expand the tissue until it covers the exposed root.
- Gum grafting – is utilized to either thicken the existing gum tissue or cover an exposed root. Please read our page dedicated to gum grafting to learn more about this option
- LANAP/Laser Periodontal Therapy – a great alternative to conventional surgery offering a higher success rate. Please read our page dedicated to Lanap/Laser Periodontal Therapy to learn more.
- Umbilical Cord/Stem Cell Research – Dr. Gurinsky is involved with these studies of alternative procedures to treat periodontal disease.
Contact us to learn how Dr. Gurinsky can enhance, or save, your smile!