Denver & Centennial Dental Implants
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a combination of a titanium post, an abutment, and a restoration. The titanium post is surgically placed into the patient’s jawbone and will become the “root” for the restoration once it has fused with the bone. An abutment is used to connect the restoration to the titanium post.
When Are Dental Implants Worth It?
Most patients want to know if dental implants are worth the cost. Dental implants do cost more upfront but in the long run will become the most financially responsible choice. With the proper care and maintenance, implants have the potential to last a lifetime, unlike most dental appliances. Below is a list of reasons why implants are worth the extra money:
- No longer hassle with having to remove and clean nightly dentures
- Enjoy eating the foods you like without worrying about dentures shifting out of place
- Enjoy the confidence of a beautiful smile
- Easier access between teeth to allowing for ease of flossing
Types of Dental Implants
- Single tooth replacement uses a single post to support a dental crown to replace a tooth lost to decay, injury, or periodontal disease.
- Replacing a row of teeth is done utilizing a single-unit or a multi-unit bridge. For up to three teeth a single-unit bridge is supported using two implanted posts. A multi-unit bridge is used when more than three teeth are being replaced in a single row.
- Full-arch replacement is done when either all or most, of the upper or lower teeth, will be replaced. Patients can opt for an implant-supported denture that connects to for posts.
Contact one of our offices to learn more about the dental implants options offered by Dr. Gurinsky.