Denver and Centennial CO
Recent research has indicated that the number one reason adults postpone needed dental care was fear! If you have any of the following:
- Fear of dental treatment
- History of traumatic dental experiences
- Difficulty getting numb
- Very sensitive gag reflex
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- Complex dental problems; or a need for surgery
- Often make and then cancel dental appointments due to anxiety
- Experience sweaty palms or find yourself gripping the armrests
…you may be a candidate for sedation! With safe and proven techniques, we provide patients with sedative drugs which work rapidly to create a relaxed state that is maintained and monitored throughout treatment.
- It really works! You really can relax through your dental appointment.
- You will have little or no memory of the experience.
- People who have difficulty getting numb will have no problem when relaxed.
- You breathe on your own. This is not like the hospital anesthesia where a machine breathes for you.
- You remain conscious during the sedation. You will also be able to understand and respond to requests from your dentist
Dr. Gurinsky has received specialized advanced training and certification to administer intravenous sedation. With this type of sedation – also known as Deep Conscious Sedation, medications are released directly into the blood stream. The greatest advantage of IV Sedation is that if you are not sedated enough, Dr. Gurinsky can administer more medication and the effects are instantaneous.
Oral sedation is administered by taking a pill. All body functions remain normal, and while you may fall asleep, you are able to breathe on your own. Some degree of amnesia is common.